Tuesday, September 15, 2009

How I met Jeffrey Katzenberg




Jeffrey Katzenberg, one of the original gurus of "High Concept" was visiting my University to popularize his then new movie "Bee Movie".
This photo is taken by James Jeffrey (License: Creative Commons Attribution)
After the presentation and a movie clip, I had the great honor of shaking hands with him.
I also asked him a question that has puzzled me since some time.
My question was why do most of Animation movies are regarding animals like Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, Finding Nemo etc.
His answer was it's just fad and will change.
Not convincing answer for me, since in another post I'll investigate why animal movies are great for animation.

Anyway, I forgot to give him a treatment of my script. Anyway, question is what should one give in a circumstance like this? A Logline, query letter or a treatment?

No comments:

Post a Comment